Wheat Production Program & Plot Tour – Wednesday, June 13
By Noel Mues, Extension Educator,
A winter wheat meeting and plot tour is scheduled for 5:30 P.M., Wednesday, June 13, 2012. Join us for a “Hamburger Cookout” at the
Prior to touring the plot you will benefit from information on the following topics:
· Production practices including: variety selection, research, disease management and other best wheat production practices.
· The tour will include new winter wheat varieties, experimental varieties and many of the varieties being grown by producers along with varieties being used to measure progress in winter wheat variety development.
· Certified Crop Advisors (CCA) can receive continuing education credits.
To get to the plot go 3 miles west of
This is a no-till plot that was planted in corn stalks that were chem-fallowed and features side by side comparisons of 44 varieties. This is an excellent opportunity to learn more about wheat variety performance and management in a no-till situation.
Resource persons include:
· Dipak Santra, UNL Extension small grains/specialty crops breeder, PREC – Scottsbluff.
· Greg Kruger, UNL Extension Cropping Systems, WCREC –
· Stephen Wegulo, UNL Extension Plant Pathologist – Lincoln
· Noel Mues, UNL Extension Educator, WCREC –
The tour is sponsored by University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension, Arrow Seed Co., Cargill, and TNT Farm Service.
© 2008-2013 agNET. All rights reserved